Sunday, June 17, 2012

Kissue Girls Update: Kailey

Hey y'all!

I know we don't really update you guys with what is going on in our lives, so I thought it would be fun to start giving everyone a little peek into what we are up to.

I have had quite the exciting past couple of weeks! I graduated from the University of Florida in May, and I officially moved to New York City three weeks ago to chase my fashion dreams. I am totally head-over-heels in love with the city. The energy and possibility that fill the streets is so inspiring to me. As a fashion obsessed girl fresh out of college and ready for new and exciting experiences, this is the perfect place for me right now. I currently have two jobs that take up mostly all of my time, but I love it. I work with Stephanie Doucette, the designer of the high-end and sustainable clothing line, Doucette*. I do the sales and marketing for the line, and I also do PR/marketing for an online fashion lifestlye boutique, Brooklyn Fusion. I'll put the links to their sites at the bottom of this post so y'all can go check them out;) I am crazy busy, but I love the people I get to work with and wouldn't want it any other way. Both Kaygan's and my dream is to have a successful career in the fashion industry, and we will do whatever it takes to make our dreams a reality.

NYC is a little different from our home state, Texas, so I have had to adjust a little to the Big Apple way of life. Let's just say I have an endless supply of band-aids in my purse in case of a blister emergency due to all the walking haha. However, I have caught on quite nicely if I do say so myself. I'm a veteran now...well maybe I just look like one because people keep coming up to me and asking for directions. Thank goodness I carry my trusty, highlighted subway map with me at all times;)

I am so excited for what the future and this amazing city holds for me. I will make sure to keep everyone updated with any exciting experiences I encounter, and of course all the fabulous fashion of NYC that I come across. Have a good week y'all!

xo
Kailey

Ps, I'm addicted to Instagram and update it constantly. So if you want to stay up-to-date with what I'm up to in the Empire State, you can follow me @kaileytissue:)

Me and my amazing friends/roomies! 

View outside of my Brooklyn Fusion office...I'll take it!

On set for one of our Brooklyn Fusion photo shoots

Just enjoying the subway...guess I was the only one haha

Doucette* links:

Brooklyn Fusion links:

2 comments:

  1. Good way of explaining, and nice piece of writing to obtain data on the topic of my presentation focus, which i am going to deliver in institution of higher education.
    My webpage: Black and White Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful goods from you, man. I have take note your stuff prior to and you're just too great. I really like what you've bought here, certainly like what you're saying and the best way during which you assert it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can not wait to learn much more from you. This is really a terrific site.
    Also see my webpage > Black and White Shoes

    ReplyDelete